When would I need to isolate my system?
1) When temperatures are to drop below freezing.
2) If you have a leak.
3) Anytime the system is not being used for an extended period of time.
How to isolate the system – –
1) If you have an auto controller, turn it OFF.
2) Turn your pool pump off.
3) Wait 2 hours. This will allow the water to completely drain from your panels.
4) After the 2 hours, turn your 2 way Isolation Valve to off. This will not allow any more water to go up to your roof panels.
5) Now you may turn your pool pump on.
6) If you had a leak, now you can call the office for service – 813-406-6501.
If the water is trapped in the solar collectors, there is potential for the water to boil or freeze which can cause leaks to develop and invalidate your warranty.
If you are not going to use your solar system for an extended period of time in the “Winter”, we will:
1) Come to your house and “Shut Down” your solar pool heating system for the winter. We ensure that the panels are drained and the system is isolated. This makes the system unusable until our second trip.
2) We return in the “Spring”, at your request, to “open” the system back up so you can resume enjoying the benefits of heating your pool.
Call the office – 813-406-6501 – for more details or to schedule this service.